Our Lawyers Will Fight For You
Thomas D. Robenalt
- Wrongful Death
- Motor Vehicle and Commercial Trucking Accidents
- Medical Negligence
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury Law
- Whistleblower and Qui-Tam Claims
Tom Robenalt has been practicing law for nearly 31 years and his interest in representing people dates to his childhood. His father, an attorney, and mother, whose father and grandfather were lawyers, encouraged Tom to help those in need rather than work for the interests of big corporations. His over 30 years of practice have been devoted to litigation, specifically over 26 years devoted exclusively to the representation of people injured or killed as a result of medical malpractice, auto and truck accidents and professional malpractice cases, including legal malpractice cases.
In 1991, Tom began his legal career as a staff attorney in the state court system and then, in early 1993, he joined an insurance defense firm with approximately 80 lawyers. There, Robenalt was trained by sophisticated lawyers to represent corporations, insurance companies, doctors and hospitals in the defense of claims. He quickly realized that fighting against people who had legitimate claims was not rewarding and that he wanted to help people.
In 1997, Tom joined a prestigious personal injury and medical malpractice firm, where he had the privilege of representing those injured with catastrophic injuries such as severe brain injuries and amputated limbs. He also fought for the families of those who died due to others' negligence. Within six months of joining that firm, where he practiced law for over 16 years, he obtained a jury verdict in favor of his injured client against a physician who denied any liability or responsibility for the harm that the patient sustained.
Tom Robenalt recognizes the importance of giving back to the community, and he is a longtime member and former chairman of the Ethics and Professionalism Committee of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. He was also a member of the Development Committee of the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, an organization that provides free legal services to those who can't afford representation, for nearly 8 years. He has been a longtime member of the American Academy of Justice (AAJ0, the Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ) and the Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Tom is most excited about forming The Robenalt Law Firm, Inc., a firm that is committed to obtaining the best possible results for its clients.
- Ohio Northern University Pettit College of Law, Ada, Ohio
- J.D. - 1991
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: Political Science
- Ohio, 1991
- Florida, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1995
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Bar Admissions Committee
- Ohio Super Lawyer in the field of medical malpractice, numerous years, most recently 2016
- Best Lawyers 2016 - Present
- Cleveland Association of Trial Attorneys, Member
- The Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- The Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Member
- Loughner vs. EMH Medical Center, 1:06-CV-2441 (Northern District of Ohio), 2012.
- Koch v. Rist, 89 Ohio St. 3rd 250 (2000), argued case in the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Curtis v. Beseler, Clay County Sheriff, case number 3:13-cv-1352-J-39JRK, USDC Middle District of Florida.
- Bulter v. Jordan, 92 Ohio St. 3rd 354, argued case in Ohio Supreme Court (2001)
- The City of Rocky River, Ohio - Charter Review Committee 2014
- Rocky River High School Hockey Backers, Founding Member and Legal Counsel, 2013 to the present.
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Development Committee member, 2011 to the present.
- St. Christopher Elementary School, Assistant Coach Girls basketball from 2008-2012.
- Rocky River Youth Soccer Organization, Assistant Coach Boys U8 - U12 from 2007- 2011.
- The Robenalt Law Firm, Inc., 2014 to Present
- Mellino Robenalt - one of two founding partners, 2011 to 2014
- Novak, Robenalt & Pavlik, Associate 1997; Partner, 1997 to 2011
- Gallagher, Sharp, Fulton & Norman, Associate Attorney, 1993 to 1997
- Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court, Judicial Clerkship, 1991 to 1993