Ohio Wrongful Death Lawyer
No one anticipates that someone they love will die in a catastrophic accident. Yet, unfortunately, these kinds of incidents occur every day. They can be caused by medical negligence, dangerous or defective products, negligent drivers, workplace injuries, people or businesses who fail to maintain their property in a safe manner, and while people are in the custody of law enforcement officials.
Regardless of the cause, if someone you love was killed because of someone else’s negligence, your family has a right to be fully and fairly compensated for your loss.
At The Robenalt Law Firm, Inc., Ohio wrongful death attorney Tom Robenalt helps people recover compensation for the loss of a loved one. We understand that no amount of money can replace someone you loved. But money from a wrongful death lawsuit can replace lost income and inheritance, pay for the cost of grief counseling, and provide a sense of closure knowing that justice has been done.
Ohio Wrongful Death Attorneys Who Fight for Justice
At Robenalt Law, our lawyers represent people and families who have suffered the loss of a loved one due to:
- Medical Malpractice. Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider such as a doctor or nurse deviates from the recognized standard of care and causes the death of someone they are caring for. Medical malpractice claims that lead to wrongful death frequently occur in hospitals, medical centers, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and other settings where medical professionals care for patients.
- Dangerous and Defective Products. When dangerous or defective products cause the death of someone you love, you and your family may be entitled to compensation through a wrongful death claim. Product defect claims commonly arise when prescription drugs, household appliances, toys, car seats, high chairs, motor vehicles, tools, and other products were defectively designed or improperly manufactured, or when the manufacturers of these products fail to warn consumers about potential dangers.
- Auto Accidents. Car accidents occur every day, sometimes with catastrophic consequences. A car accident may be caused by drunk driving, distracted driving, defective parts, and more. Regardless of the cause, if someone you love was killed in a car accident, our lawyers will fight for the compensation your family deserves.
- Truck Accidents. Because of their weight and the high speed at which they travel, collisions involving trucks, 18-wheelers, and other commercial vehicles are almost always catastrophic. Special rules and regulations govern truck drivers and trucking companies. An experienced truck accident attorney can help your family recover the compensation you deserve if someone you love was killed in a trucking accident.
- Workplace Injuries. When unsafe working conditions result in the death of an employee, their family may be entitled to compensation through the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, as well as through a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Premises Liability. If someone you love was killed because of an unsafe condition on someone else’s property, your family may be entitled to compensation. Premises liability law is complex, and the experienced wrongful death attorneys at Robenalt Law can evaluate your situation and fight for the compensation your family deserves.
- Jail and Custodial Death. Law enforcement officials have a duty to protect the people under their supervision. When they fail in that duty and someone dies in custody, their family is entitled to compensation.
Ohio Wrongful Death Law
In Ohio, the family of the deceased can file a claim for wrongful death seeking compensation for the death of their loved one. A wrongful death lawsuit is filed in the name of the representative of the estate of the person who died. The lawsuit is filed to benefit their surviving spouse, their children, and their parents.
The estate of the deceased person can recover compensation for:
- Loss of support
- Loss of services
- Loss of society, including loss of companionship, consortium, care, assistance, attention, protection, advice, guidance, counsel, instruction, training, and education suffered by the surviving spouse, dependent children, parents, or next of kin
- Loss of prospective inheritance
- The mental anguish suffered by the surviving spouse, dependent children, parents, or next of kin
Robenalt Law: Ohio Wrongful Death Lawyers
If someone you love was killed because someone else was negligent, careless, or reckless, your family may be entitled to compensation for your loss. Contact the wrongful death attorneys at Robenalt Law today to schedule a free and confidential consultation to discuss your situation and how we can help. Call 216-930-6282.
We understand that it may be difficult to even consider taking legal action after the traumatic loss of a loved one. Put our experience to work for you so you can focus on healing.
Our lawyers have extensive experience handling wrongful death claims and lawsuits for the negligence that accompanies them. We will help your family navigate the complex legal processes of opening an estate for your loved one and seeking compensation on their behalf.
As you consider your options, keep in mind that Ohio requires that a claim for wrongful death be filed within two years from the date of death of your loved one. Depending on the nature of your case, shorter time limits may apply. Protect your right to compensation by contacting an attorney sooner rather than later.
Robenalt Law investigates and handles wrongful death claims on a contingency fee, which means you won’t pay us a fee unless we recover money for you.