"I would like to take the opportunity to really exclaim my deepest and sincere gratitude for what you have done in finding justice for Daniel Jr. along with all your tireless hours and relentless efforts that go along with it."
See more Testimonials here
Tom Robenalt’s interest in representing people dates back to his childhood. His father, an attorney, and mother, whose father and grandfather were lawyers, encouraged Tom to help those in need rather than work for the interests of big corporations. His over 20 years of practice have been devoted to litigation, specifically personal injury and professional malpractice cases, including medical malpractice and legal malpractice cases.
In 1991, Tom began as a staff attorney in the court system and then, in early 1993, went on to join an insurance defense firm with approximately 80 lawyers. There, Robenalt was trained by sophisticated lawyers to represent corporations, insurance companies, doctors and hospitals in the defense of claims. He quickly realized that fighting against people who had legitimate claims was not rewarding and that he wanted to help people.
In 1997, Tom joined a prestigious personal injury and medical malpractice firm, where he had the privilege of representing people with catastrophic injuries such as severe brain injuries and amputated limbs. He also fought for the families of those who died due to others’ negligence. Within six months of joining that firm, where he practiced law for over 16 years, he obtained a jury verdict against a physician who denied any liability or responsibility for harming a patient.
Tom recognizes the importance of giving back to the community, and he is a longtime member and former chairman of the Ethics and Professionalism Committee of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. He is also a member of the Development Committee of the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, an organization that provides free legal services to those who can’t afford representation. He has been a longtime member of both the Ohio Association for Justice and the Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers.
Tom is most excited about forming The Robenalt Law Firm, Inc., a firm that is committed to obtaining the best possible results for its clients.
- Ohio Northern University, J.D. 1991
- Miami University, B.A.
Political Science, minor Japanese
Bar and Court Admissions
- Ohio Bar, 1991
- Florida bar, 1992
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1995
Associations and Recognition
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Bar Admissions Committee
- Ohio Super Lawyer in the field of medical malpractice, numerous years, most recently 2016
- Best Lawyers 2016
- The City of Rocky River, Ohio - Charter Review Committee 2014
- Rocky River High School Hockey Backers, Founding Member and Legal Counsel, 2013 to the present.
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Development Committee member, 2011 to the present.
- St. Christopher Elementary School, Assistant Coach Girls basketball from 2008-2012.
- Rocky River Youth Soccer Organization, Assistant Coach Boys U8 - U12 from 2007- 2011.